ACR123U - Intelligent Contactless Reader
The ACR123U is the USB version of the ACR123S, a cost-effective, flexible and intelligent contactless reader. It can be integrated to existing (Point-of-Sale) terminals or cash registers, to offer the convenience of a cashless payment system. The ACR123U speeds up movement in checkout counters, by enabling customers to complete payments by simply tapping their cards.
The ACR123U is equipped with a large graphical LCD that allows merchants to display messages, as well as a large tapping area with backlight, which guides customers in carrying out their payment transactions. Developed based on 13.56 MHz contactless (RFID) technology, it supports any contactless card following the ISO 14443-4 standard. It is also equipped with a large graphical LCD, as well as a large user-controllable tapping area with backlight.
Please allow 2-4 weeks for goods to arrive as limited stocks are maintained.
- USB interface for Data Communication and power supply
- ARM 32-bit CortexTM-M3 Processor
- Smart Card Reader:
- Read/Write speed of up to 848 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless card access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Support for ISO 14443 Part 4 Type A and B cards and MIFARE series
- Built-in anti-collision feature
- Three ISO 7816-compliant SAM slots
- Built-in Peripherals:
- 16 alphanumeric characters x 8 lines Graphical LCD (128 x 64 pixels)
- Four user-controllable LEDs (Blue, Yellow, Green, and Red)
- User-controllable tapping region backlight (Red, Green and Blue)
- User-controllable speaker (Audio tone indication)
|Dimensions||Main Body: 159.0 mm (L) x 100.0 mm (W) x 21.0 mm (H)
With Stand: 177.4 mm (L) x 100.0 mm (W) x 94.5 mm (H)
|Weight||Main Body: 281.0 g
With Stand: 506.0 g
|Compliance / Certifications||
|Interface||USB Interface with USB Standard Type A connector|
|Operating Distance||Up to 50 mm (depends on the tag type)|
|Supply Voltage||Regulated 5V DC|
|Supply Current||500 mA (max.)|
|Operating Frequency||13.56 MHz|
|Smart Card Interface Support||
|Operating System Support||
Comprehensive SDK—This SDK enables the ACR123U to be used and integrated to various POS Terminals. This SDK provides sample codes for device and contactless card programming in the Linux and Windows platforms, and supports programming languages including MS Visual C++, MS Visual C#.NET, and Linux GTK C++.
Payment Demo—The ACR123U SDK provides a demo for the payment functionalities of the ACR123U. By using the JCOP cards provided, which emulate a valid (non-expired card) and invalid card (expired card), the demo shows the various responses of the payment kernel loaded in the ACR123U to various payment scenarios. It also has a manual to explain the various payment functionalities of the ACR123U.
The development kit is currently priced at US$300.00 (subject to change)
|Smart Card Reader(s)||
|Test Card(s)/ Token(s)||
|SDK Operating System Support||